today i celebrate my thirty-fifth birthday as a happy woman! really and truly, i feel blessed. as i have anticipated this birthday, i've been thinking about my life. the choices i've made, and the consequences (good or bad) that have followed. overall i feel proud. i still have a to-do list that i will get to one day. but for now, this is why i feel happy and proud of my life:
* i married the right person. how thankful i am at this stage in my life that i got that RIGHT. my Mr. is mine! he is so kind, gentle by nature, and the most incredible father. he is an amazing husband, provider, pianist, student, and teacher. and the list goes on and on... i cannot imagine my life without him. he is my life.
* i am a mother. i love my beautiful children. they have always been my children. they make us complete. they fill me with life and laughter. i have learned more from them than they will ever learn from me.
* my home. nothing is more satisfying than making our home happy. i love the feeling in our home. everyday i look forward to the evening when we are all home together. home is where life's lessons are taught, love is fostered, and where every person is safe.
* i am healthy. after battling itp and infertility, i am so thankful for my healthy body and mind. i am proud of myself for literally wearing out my treadmill. seriously! i don't think my body feels 35. (at least from what i hear other people complain about)
* i have good, loving relationships with my family. too often i take this for granted. i am so thankful for a father i can look up to, a mother i can always talk to, sisters to do the same, and brothers that are always good for a laugh.
*real friends. true friends. that i can completely be myself around. that accept me for who i am. friends that i know are not coincidental.
*my talents. there, i said it. (why is that difficult to say?) my hobbies, gifts, talents, whatever you want to label them, make me happy! i love to create anything. absolutely anything. sewing, knitting, cooking, decorating, it doesn't matter the avenue, but no day feels complete until i have made something. i love to look back on my day and see something beautiful i created.
i could keep going, but nap time is ticking away and i need to delete some of the 16,000 photos on this computer.
making my birthday (carrot) cake! how sweet are they?! blessed.
i am blessed. i am happy. it's going to be a great day.