Saturday, March 14, 2009

this weekend

(oh the sun feels sooooo good!)


we had a fabulous weekend! friday little missy skipped school and we went to school with dad again. after she attended a pharmacy class, and acquired mr. brain cell (she saves her allowance to collect these stuffed specimen and viruses) she and i went to the planetarium and watched the 3-d movie about the space station. it was incredible! admittedly, my claustrophobia was kicked in to high gear watching how the astronauts live in the space station for a 4 month duration. also, my extreme fear of heights prevented me from breathing watching the astronauts work on the exterior of the space station. i couldn't help but smile when L leaned over to me and said, "if i ever go to outer space I will leave bear bear at home because if he floated away i would never get him back." i love her.




after the question "how many hours has it been?" at least 50 times, we headed to her cousins house to stay the night. she had so much fun! it was so nice to see the ground, no snow in sight. they played on the swing set, rode bikes, ate pizza and i don't know how many fudge striped cookies, and giggled constantly! auntie d and i made it out to do a little fabric shopping and took a little stroll through the mall.

mr. w and i were talking about how malls just aren't what they used to be. i feel like i need to plug my ears and cover my eyes 90% of the time. (maybe they have always been that way, i just see it all through the eyes of a 6 year old now) 

so my joys...
  • i am a wife and a mother (i know, i say that often)
  • i made it to the temple this week (haven't missed a week yet!)
  • we are healthy
  • i have been blessed with a wonderful friend
  • i felt the sun this weekend - with no snow under my feet
  • j b weld fixed my broken office chair (don't worry friend, mr. w did the final damage! ha ha!)
  • i love my new mouse with the scrolling function!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about the mall. Last time we went ( a couple of weeks ago) I was so embarassed by all the fake cleavage. seemed like more than normal.

    ReplyDelete