Wednesday, May 27, 2009



L is in love with the American Girl movie "Kit Kittredge." I have to admit, I love it too! (oh, to live in such simple times. minus the great depression.) 
Her first questions, "What is that thing she is using? Why doesn't she use a computer?"  Something about this typewriter business fascinated her and whatever it was, I liked it. I love that about my girl. She doesn't need something new, shiny, nor pink to make her giddy with excitement. So, a stop at the DI and $10 later, we have a good-old typewriter too! She has been practicing her typing non-stop since we bought it. I love the thought of her in her bedroom typing away stories and poems and whatever else her little brain can imagine. We talked about creating a summer newspaper (newsletter) to send to all of her cousins in N.C.. I think it sounds like so much fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment