Wednesday, November 25, 2009

what makes you happy?


The wait is over.. we finally let miss L get her ears pierced! She has been asking for a year or so, and we gave in. I knew she could take care of them herself, and she agreed to wear only non-dangley earrings. I felt okay about it until we watched a boy get both of his ears pierced before her. Something felt really wrong. What in the world was I doing paying someone to put holes in my daughter's ears? Needless to say, I went through with it and she is one happy girl! I'll admit it, I think they are really cute and girly.

Now, I know this shouldn't make her happy, but you know L. (her obsession with doctor stuff and all) She was invited to a roller skating birthday party and, well, need I say more? Instead of being at home and preparing my Thanksgiving feast, I was in the doctor's office getting her x-rays and bandaged. Before we found out it was in fact broken, she said she was hoping to get a cast. She won.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I broke my arm rollerblading too. I think I was about her age-maybe a year older. Zach cut his lip open on the fireplace Monday and we had to take him to get stitches. I hate injuries! I hope her recovery isn't too hard-and at least she likes her cast!

    ReplyDelete