Saturday, May 26, 2012

school is out & mobiles!

 Yesterday was Lizzy's first day of summer break!
She decided to attend a new school at the beginning of fourth grade, and she made a very wise decision!
It has been a year of exploration, wonder, fun, art, and learning. She adapted quickly to her new environment, and made friends easily. Academically and socially she excelled. 
I would say fourth grade was a success!
 signing autographs while the paparazzi shoots away

 field day/water slide



And as usual, summer break means much crafting for my girl.
(the word "bored" is a naughty word in our home)
So, our first project was adapted from this mobile tutorial. We finished baby brother's, and almost completed hers. I especially love how it looks from his prospective lying in his crib!
Already today, she made a handkerchief that she designed, cut, sewed, and monogrammed herself! I love her creativity. I love that she finds ways to entertain her mind and hands, and that this very moment she is outside playing and rarely finds herself being entertained by electronics. 
I am so excited for summer time with my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment