Wednesday, May 16, 2012



This picture was taken 4 years ago, the summer Mr. W started pharmacy school. I love looking at this picture. My little girl was 6 years old, and her life was about to change as we began a new adventure.
 She was about to learn a lot about sacrifice, hard work, and how much we really love being together as a family. Some days there was not as much time for play as there used to be. Some days daddy was exhausted and overwhelmed. Many days his day began at 5:00 am and ended at 12-1:00 am. 
Still he played, and read bedtime stories faithfully.

 And that is why I love this picture.
(him wearing the gown, her wearing the cap and carrying his hood)
It makes me cry. 
My sweetheart has made so many sacrifices the past 4 years. And so has my little girl. This picture perfectly represents our determination, hard work, and sacrifice as a family. 
 My little girl has changed a lot 
the past 4 years. She looks more like a teenager. (sometimes she even acts like one)
My Mr. has changed a lot too. What he has accomplished is no small feat. Now I know why only 3% of the American population has a doctorate degree. It was not easy! 
There were plenty of tears, much loneliness, sleep deprivation, (mostly him) 
and frustration.
But now it feels oh so good! 
I guess the saying is true, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
We are definitely stronger as a family.
This process has been excruciating at times, but happy too.
To you my Mr., I am so proud!
Not only did you do it, 
you did it beautifully!
xoxo



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mr. W!!! We are so proud of the hard work you have put into this endeavor and to your family for sticking with you through this. It is no small feat and I applaud your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute family. That's crazy how much little miss has changed in those four years! She's getting so tall! Congrats to the family for all the hard work, we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete