Monday, September 10, 2012

me & my girl.


Yesterday Lizzy was enthusiastic about cooking! (thank you Mr. W, for grabbing the camera to capture the moment) She helped make Sunday dinner, and then asked if we could make cookies for our neighbors. She helped with both, start to finish!

Last week I knitted a scarf for a little friend. It must have sparked the same flame in her, she asked me to teach her how to knit with needles. Again. We've attempted mini teaching sessions in the past, as she has requested and as long as her attention span would allow, but as aforementioned, they were mini. This time was different. All of those sessions must have added up to learning little by little, because this time I instructed her for maybe 2 minutes, and she was knitting away on her own! Oh the excitement for the mommy! Now that I think about it, I wonder where she has stashed her knitting... I haven't seen it in a few days. I guess she's moved on :)

I love these moments with my daughter. I've learned through the years that this kind of excitement usually comes for a moment, then she's on to something else. I try to jump at every opportunity when it presents itself. I believe these are the moments that are shaping and molding her into the woman she will become.

Last week we had a mommy-daughter date to Kneaders. She loves the eclairs, and I love the one-on-one time with her! She is growing up so quickly. I don't say "too quickly" because I love every stage with her! Even the, "I'm independent and do not need you to go to Teton Science Camp with me" stage. Independence is the ultimate goal after all, right?