Tuesday, September 25, 2012

wagon rides and pumpkins = fall!

my pumpkin peddler

It's that time again... FALL time! I LOVE fall! I love the crisp cool air, bright blue skies, garden harvest, warm soup and bread, and of course pumpkins! I never took an official count, but I know this was our largest pumpkin harvest to date! 

Lizzy has been trying to earn money to help pay for Teton Science Camp next month, so we agreed that in exchange for her helping with the harvest and clean-up, she could sell some of the pumpkins. She did great clipping pumpkins from the vines, making sure to leave a nice stem attached, then dragging the gnarly vines into what is now a heaping pile waiting to be burned in the center of the garden. Certainly the most exciting part for her was pulling the pumpkins in the wagon from house to house and collecting money with every stop. She came home with $31 from one evening, which was a thrill for her! I believe we have started a new tradition...

deciding which pumpkins to keep and which to sell...



Last night my Mr. hung bike mounts in the garage for us! (bless you baby) While we were working on that, Lizzy took Mr. Fuzzers for a wagon ride. He was in heaven! I believe his mouth was wide open from excitement the entire time! She is such a great big sister. I am so thankful both of our children came to us when they did. It couldn't have been more perfect. 


Last Friday we got to visit with mom and dad during their layover in Salt Lake. It is always a treat to see them, even if it's only for 3 hours. I'll take any time I can get! I appreciate them looking for flights that allow them to stop here, especially considering it means they arrive home in the middle of the night. We went to lunch at A&W, their favorite, and Lizzy's too. They are the sweetest grandparents. I wish they lived closer...


And finally, I know fall is officially here when we eat homemade tomato fontinella soup and grilled cheese for dinner. YUM! I've even converted my Mr. to tomato soup. Now, if you know him that is nothing short of a miracle ! This morning he mentioned wanting to carve pumpkins tonight. Welcome fall, we've missed you!