Saturday, September 19, 2009

movin' things around & holiday decorating




What is it about fall that makes me want to "spring clean?" I love to re-decorate and move things around. Perhaps it's because I know I'm stuck inside the entire winter...who knows. Whatever it is, it's happening. It can be a simple stack of magazines paired with a small pumpkin, move the side table to the other side of the couch, or new bubbly floral globes or festive bats hanging from the ceiling. No matter how simple, it makes me happy to look at something old in a new spot. It feels new...some how.

I tried my skills at mod podge for the first time. (never thought I'd see the day) I kind of like it. L does too. I don't know how far I'll go with the clear drying glue, but I like this project anyway.

4 comments:

  1. I love the project! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you...Fall gets me going. Tossing, rearranging, creating, decorating. It's awesome. I love that temple project. Is it fabric? Never done modge podge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leslie! I used scrapbook paper and cut it out with my utility knife.

    ReplyDelete