Wednesday, August 29, 2012


2012 ward camp out
This year we decided to bag the camp out part and just hang out instead. Max joined us and he was a hit with the kids...though I'm not certain they were a hit with him. O.E.'s dutch oven potatoes were scrumptious, and we pulled over to watch a little sheep herding on the way up! I love the way I feel when I leave the busyness of civilization, and am surrounded by nature!

On Monday we headed to Boise for Mr. W to take the naplex. I can't believe how frustrating it is to deal with school demands again. Really, I'm so done with it all! (my poor Mr.) We've enjoyed the respite from it all these past few months. While he was testing (for 4 1/2 hours) the children and I went to a science museum, on a paddle boat ride, and did a little shopping. When we made it back to the testing center we weren't allowed to wait in the waiting room, go figure, so we had to sit on the floor in the hallway. Lizzy can ALWAYS find a way to entertain herself, no matter the situation. This time it was the water fountain and wipe box. Seriously, I love this girl! They were both troopers, especially considering it was about 110 miserable degrees. After his test we had fun catching up with his former mission companion and family for dinner and swimming. Lizzy thought their son had a little crush going on, which was quite entertaining, if I do say so myself. And I'm talking about her, not him!
It was fun to get away and leave the daily routine behind, even though it was to take what would be his second to last test FOREVER!