Tuesday, June 16, 2009

celebrate... and tears



It has finally happened. My girl has 2, yes not one but 2, loose teeth! (she thinks 4, as you can tell by her art sketches above) She has been waiting since preschool to lose her teeth. All of her first grade peers have permanent teeth, my poor girl had to take my wisdom teeth in a jar to show her friends. I'm sure next school year she will proudly write her name on the "lost tooth" chart with all of the others. (I think she will feel more proud than any second grader in history to participate in this ritual)

++

The blessed aphid guy "Bobby" passed away today. He was a trooper for surviving 4 days in a rubbermaid container. Missy shed many tears and tried to look at his little carcass under her microscope. This process resulted in losing him somewhere on the desk or in the carpet. I guess that is easier than trying to bury an aphid. 

2 comments:

  1. Tell Lauren congratulations for me on losing her teeth, and give her my condolences for aphid guy...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that picture of Lauren is so cute! Look at those blue eyes! And sorry about Bobby :)

    ReplyDelete