Friday, June 5, 2009

day #1...butter


I have been giddy with excitement all day long! I L-O-V-E summer with my girl. And my man. (he's out of school too!)  And the Sugar City quarterly is available here.

Day #1 so far:
exercised together as a family (L did her yoga stretches)
fruit and spinach smoothies together
cleaned together
(there seems to be a "together" theme)
L watched her birth video for the first time. It was all about seeing the medical equipment and instruments.  (nothing inappropriate to be seen)
we made BUTTER!

I am so glad I kept all of my Martha Stewart Kids magazines. They are a treasure trove of summer activities. Today she chose to make butter.  Easy and delicious!

Pour into a jar:
half pint of heavy cream
pinch of salt
1 marble
Screw lid on and pull out those muscles. Shake and shake and keep shaking for about 15 minutes. After cream separates, pour off the buttermilk and you have BUTTER! L was amazed it was so simple to make, and it is really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment