Thursday, June 4, 2009

it's here!

We've made it to summer! The "see you next years" have all been said and hugs given, so off we go. It almost feels like Christmas. I feel like I have been given this great gift I've been anticipating all month long.


Yesterday was field day. The water games were definitely the crowd favorite. 


Today, lots of recess and each child was presented with a certificate of achievement. L's was for being an "outstanding student." It was kind-of sad walking out of first grade for the last time. Driving to and from school each day, reading groups every Monday morning, helping switch reading books and saying the pledge every morning, and being a room parent. All little memories I will forever cherish. 


 As I am always looking for any excuse to make her a new outfit, the last day of school was a seemingly appropriate occasion. A gray top with culottes was the request. I used this tutorial for the flowers on the top.
 


So, now we move on to summer. We're off to a good start. When we left school I asked missy if she wanted to go out to lunch, "no thanks, let's go home and rest." Oh I loved that answer. It made me feel good that given a choice, home is where she wants to be. We are going to see the movie "Up" in 3D later, and Saturday we are planning on going to Lagoon. I am looking forward to what each day will bring. I hope for reading, recreating, cooking out, creativity, projects and anything that will fill our hearts and minds with joy and sweet memories.

1 comment: