Saturday, June 13, 2009

first piano recital + nervous girl = new bird skirt




L had her first piano recital Thursday evening. I am so proud of my girl. A few weeks ago she signed herself up to perform in the primary talent show, but an hour before decided that she was too nervous. I wondered if this would be the case come Thursday evening, but she followed through on her commitment and proved to have nerves of steel. 

All day she kept saying, "I wish I could play my recital now and get it over with." So, we came to the decision (or was influenced to the decision) that perhaps if she had a skirt filled with bird friends they could accompany her to the recital, and help to at least slightly, calm those nerves. It is after all, much more fun to play a recital for a flock of birds rather than a room full of people. (and sewing serves as a great way to distract an anxious little girl) We quickly pulled out the $2.99 Ikea stash and set to work. Happily, the skirt was a success by way of distraction, company, and consequently matched the gray top I made 2 weeks ago. 

1 comment:

  1. oh, congratulations!!

    i love the picture of her playing with her bear clutched under her arm!!

    ReplyDelete