Monday, October 26, 2009

pumpkin walk time!





Life finally resumed outside of our home on Friday, just in time for the annual Pumpkin Walk! You know it's fall when you get to freeze your buns off walking from the elementary school to see the beautiful displays constructed from gourds and pumpkins. There is joy in my heart when I'm with 22 second graders, walking outside in the crisp air and watching the leaves fall from the trees.


Yesterday we celebrated my nephew's 12th birthday. (which Mr. W and I swear is his fourth birthday this year) I am so bad at knowing what to buy teenagers...money usually does the trick though. I found the instructions for this Book of Money online and quickly put it together before the party. It felt a little more thoughtful than giving a card with money stuck inside. At least I thought so, I don't know if a 12 year old really cares how the money arrives!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pumpkin walk too! I remember walking to it from school. That book of money is way cute! Glad you guys are feeling better! We need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy....sorry to get this to you so late, but here's where I found that cutest ever which stencil. I can't even tell you how excited I was when I pulled off the freezer paper and it still looked like the little witch! MADE MY DAY! So, here's the link. Let me know if you can't open it. :)

    http://www.valuevillage.com/downloads/peculiar_picture_frames.pdf

    ReplyDelete