Monday, October 19, 2009

swine flu + quarantine

So here we are. I figured it was only a matter of time before I got the swine flu. (why can't they call it something cute like the unicorn flu or something like that? didn't bother me until I have to tell people that I have it) Due to my lack of a spleen it seemed I was just waiting my turn. Unfortunately, L has it too. So...we are quarantined for probably 5-7 days. Yuck. We'll make the best of it. She'll miss crazy hair day at school tomorrow. I promised her we'll have our own crazy hair day together. (all I have to do is roll out of bed and leave it be! doesn't sound too bad)
Why is it that ramen noodles sound so yummy when you are sick? Missy wanted some and it smells so good.


I pulled out some of my fabric stash looking for a project to occupy my hands and decided this is the perfect opportunity to work on L's halloween costume. My mom, bless her, helped me sew on all of the button eyes last week. Now the hat is complete...what to do for the dress? hmm.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man no fun! At least you can take care of each other huh :) Get feeling better! Oh and the Halloween costume looks like it'll be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is she going to be medusa? that is hilarious. and awesome.

    on-hand modern

    ReplyDelete
  3. medusa it is! i thought it was great, she came up with that idea all on her own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't believe some one I know actually has it! That is so crappy, I'm sorry. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete