Tuesday, October 20, 2009

surviving...

So we're surviving. I think I'm over the hump, but my poor little girl was up at 1 a.m. with a fever of 104.3. I was up with her, watching every rise and fall of her chest until 4 a.m., when her temperature slowly came back down to 102. I savor the moments. I love being a mother. I love being the one to give her comfort. Mr. W has taken care of us so tenderly since Saturday, I was glad I felt good enough to be the one to give comfort last night. Seeing her lay on the couch with her bear bear and Max makes me miss my little girl. She may not fit in my arms like she used to, but there will always be a lap to help make those arms a comfortable and safe place to fall.

3 comments:

  1. Cute pic :) You're an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of my kids having to grow up, it makes me want to cry. So I try not to dwell on it for too long. I know exactly what you mean though! I hope you guys get over this fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete