Tuesday, January 17, 2012

happy.

Today I feel happy!
(not that that's unusual)
 I'm happy to be a wife and a mother.
Happy to be healthy.
Happy because there is a fresh blanket of snow on the lawn. And I hear my wind chimes.
...they always make me think of my mother.
This morning I laid on my bed with my baby. He held my finger while he slept.  He held on so tight that his fingertips were white. I laid there looking at his beautiful tiny hand, and I felt so grateful to be his mother.  I love my children. I love being their mother. I love that every moment is unpredictable. Well most anyway. I can count on a 9 year old that hates waking up for school, but is happy to be at school when she gets there. Silly girl.

Yesterday I asked sister to shovel the sidewalks for us.
I peeked out the window at her, and she was shoveling the neighbors driveway!
A proud moment for the mama.
I love those little moments where you see fruits of your labor as parents.
I was so touched by her compassion and thoughtfulness. 
Especially since the neighbors left for their 18 month mission yesterday.


And let's not forget the trip to the aquarium Saturday.
She finally got to see real otters! And spend the day with her daddy.
And that made one happy little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment