Tuesday, January 3, 2012

settling in.

I can't believe my baby boy is 10 weeks old.
My heart is full.
Full of love for these two incredible children I've been blessed with. I feel like I'm settling into this new role. Mother of two, and mother of a newborn. I love it. My little boy knows I am his mother. I can speak to him from across the room and it comforts him. When he sees me he smiles. And I do too! I'm learning to stop mid-whatever to come to his rescue, and be okay letting things (cleaning) go. I'm learning that the best product of the day is not the the tangible, like sewing something from start to finish,  but rather a happy and content baby and 9 year old. These days I'm doing good to get my exercise done and the house cleaned before it's time to pick up sister, and I love it! My days are full of everything I've dreamed of. 
This little boy loves his sister so much.
 This morning on the way to school I was watching her in the rear view mirror. She was resting her head on his seat and staring at him. She helped him grasp his toy and taught him all about how to play with it. She has been amazing. Even more so after being the only child for 9 1/2 years. 
Life is sweet. Happy. Beautiful. Lovely.

1 comment: