Monday, April 23, 2012

some thoughts...

Today is a beautiful day. 
Sunny, warm, and happy.
After the 5:45am nursing, I changed into my workout attire. (as usual) But this morning the birds sounded like the most beautiful symphony, and it called to me. I decided to skip the treadmill and hit the pavement. (love the nike running app!) When I got home I told my sleepy Mr. that it was exhilarating! As I ran I listened to the birds sing, watched the sunrise, smelled the blossoms on the trees, and saw baby lambs frolicking! I think I'm converted.
Sister begins end of year testing today. I can't wait for summer days with my girl! 
She also has dance today...I feel there will be grumbles. She hates going anywhere after school when it's warm outside. All she wants to do is play in the yard. Can't say that I blame her.
She spent the entire Saturday, from sun up until sun down, in the outdoors.
Oh yes, that was the day of the fishing trip. Fishing is a bit of a different experience for Lizzy. 
You see, she doesn't catch fish to eat. Nope, not my girl...she brings home a new "pet". 
She caught a catfish and brought it home to show me. Then it ended up in her swimming pool. Then it gets named "kitty"...get it? (Cat)fish...
This is when I know we're going to have problems. She becomes attached, even though
 Mr. W explained to her that they would need to take it back to it's home. She wanted to move the pool into the garage so he wouldn't get cold Saturday night. We convinced her that he was used to the outdoors and that he would be fine. She ran out first thing Sunday morning to check on him. Then again after church. That's when she discovered he had passed away. Many tears were shed. She and Mr. W buried Kitty in the garden, then she made a memorial. It's at school with her at this moment.
This whole experience reminds of of Bobby. I love my girl!
Moving on...This morning Mr. W and I took Lizzy to school, then went on our date to the grocery store. We love our morning dates, and our lunch dates to Kneaders! 
I rocked our baby for at least 30 minutes this morning. I eat it up every time. I know how quickly this time passes and I want to savor every moment. 
Tonight we will grill turkey burgers, dig a hole to repair the sprinklers, and my Mr. and sister are going to a Buddhist temple. He has to attend a minority meeting of some sort for one of his classes, and heaven knows Lizzy is not going to pass up this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment