Saturday, February 21, 2009

fun weekend

This has been such a great weekend! Yesterday L was out of school, so we went to Salt Lake with Mr. W! L actually attended one of his pharmacy classes with him. She drew pictures for his colleagues and loved all of the oohs and ahhs over her. After classes we went to the Draper Temple open house to tour this beautiful structure. It was breath taking, sparkles and shimmers everywhere you looked, and trimmed in the most exquisite African cherry wood. (unfortunately no photos) Next stop was Ikea where we picked up a few items and ate dinner there. 
Today was a ski day! 43 degrees and sunshine, what more could you ask for? My Japanese pattern book I ordered came in the mail just before we left!!! I studied it all the way up the canyon and all the way home. I am working on tracing a pattern and can not wait to get started! (no cutting out these pattern pieces-they are printed on top of each other) The pictures are gorgeous and the patterns are to die for. I mean it, I never come across patterns so cute! Wish me luck. Not a word in English, but I think the diagrams are quite thorough. 

2 comments:

  1. Cool...there is a Japanese pattern book I want to buy, but I've always been so unsure I would be able to figure it out. You think it is doable, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES Leslie, you must try it! I love it.

    ReplyDelete