Sunday, April 26, 2009

wow...that was a party!

Wow, what a party! 16 little friends, presents, games, and lots of sugar made for one exciting evening! After 6 hours of cleaning today, things are back to normal around here. 

Birthday number 7, I can't believe it. Where does time go...really? 
 Missy got a new pair of jammies, (for her late night party) made out of her favorite cotton/lycra fabric, with a big ruffled 7 in her honor!

 evidence that there were some healthy food choices...

Logan are you feeling a little outnumbered? Sorry buddy.

Who wouldn't feel like the luckiest girl to have your first grade teacher come to your birthday party?


A few games of hullabaloo, (thanks mom, makes for great party entertainment) and on to opening gifts.

The expression says it all! Favorite experiment so far, putting a hex nut inside a balloon and swirl it around...makes a great sound.
Unbelievable Chinese painting book. I have to post a picture of her paintings so far, they are beautiful. I tried it out myself...love it!



Okay Nadine, I couldn't decide which picture to post, Jenna always makes for good entertainment. So here are my two selections. (one just wouldn't do)

 Picture #1..."look at my new trick Lauren's mom." Who wouldn't be impressed by a speared strawberry on a toothpick stuck between your front teeth? (uh oh...did she lose one of her matching earrings? I haven't found it...)

Picture #2..."Lauren let me show you how to do the fan." She stands up, (hand on the hip and fan above the head of course) and I'll tell you, I have never seen a fan fly open so quickly. What a gal!

All said and done, I think we pulled off a successful party. L thinks so anyway and that's all that matters! Now I need more sleep...

4 comments:

  1. Pretty cake! looks like a ton of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! That's my girl---she gets all her talent from me!
    We have been working on the toothpic-in-the-teeth trick for weeks to finally get it "camera ready"! (not to worry about the earring; she has both?!)
    Thanks for the great pary....I think a good time was had by all!
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like she had a blast on her birthday! I was showing Zach the pictures of her party and cake, he was like "mom I wanna go there." I told him we will be up in 2 weeks! See you soon. Tell Lauren happy birthday for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will tell Lauren. Can't wait to see you all.

    ReplyDelete